Archive

Chimney Fire Damages Meat Camp Home (2018-11-13 16:15:24)

A chimney fire led to major damage at a home in Meat Camp on Sunday.

The Watauga Democrat reports the fire at 162 Little Creek Road was caused by creosote buildup in the chimney.

According to the report, the fire was contained to the second floor of the home within an hour, but other parts of the home still had damage from water and smoke.

The home is owned by Henry Lord and rented by Tammy Miller.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire and three dogs inside the home were able to get out safely.

 



Back